Computer security and hacking
Development of new technologies thrown up new kinds of dangers for companies and end users. Most of time, attackers aim to gain full access on victim’s private systems, this operation is also known as “Be root” or “Have a rooted system”. Attackers are then, able to use the rooted computer, as if they were the owner of it, without his permission. Consequences can be dramatic. Computer Security includes all the techniques, skills and methodologies to ensure the integrity of automated information systems of all kind, and protect them against threats. Hacking can be defined as the passion of people which are looking for programs bugs, and ways to vanish it to prevent users from risks and/or intrusions. It is also a willingness to share information publicly, and give to everyone the opportunity to understand, learn and participate in the development of new security technologies.
What is the "Nuit du Hack" ?
Initiated in 2003 by a crew of people, who got together under the name of “HackerzVoice” and inspired by the famous and biggest US hacking event named “DEFCON”. “La nuit du hack” is one of the oldest French underground hackers’ event which bring together, professionals and amateurs of any skill level, around lectures and challenges. Regardless of their skill, guests come to see and talk about the latest advances in IT Security to assess and/or improve their level. To improve quality and accessibility of this event, the 2010 edition hosted many English-speaking conferences and workshops.
Started with 20 persons, the event never stopped growing up by gathering more and more people from amateurs to the professionals. In 2011, it saw several international renowned speakers and gripped more than 950 guests including more than 50 challengers. During this edition we had the privilege to host world-famous speakers.
- Educate the general public, giving everyone the means to understand, master the challenges and risks of a modern lifestyle incorporating in it new technologies.
- Demystify techniques and secrets of the "pirates" to empower a rational and measured approach to issues of Internet safety, provide the necessary elements, technical or otherwise, to protect themselves.
- Participate to the protection and defense of Internet services and software.
- Disseminate knowledge of most advanced techniques outside restricted areas of the specialists. We promote free exchange of information, and provide a useful platform for enthusiasts and professionals as security.
- Allowing professionals to exchange the latest advances in computer security.
- Bring together, enthusiasts and professionals, looking for advanced skills.
Our main purpose is to strive for better understanding and continuous improvement of security systems using new technologies.